The work Phoenix rising represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The work Phoenix rising represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Phoenix rising
- Statement of responsibility
- Karen Hesse
- trueNuclear accidents
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- Juvenile works
- trueNew experiences
- Nuclear power plants -- Accidents
- Nuclear power plants -- Accidents -- Fiction
- Nuclear power plants -- Accidents -- Juvenile fiction
- trueRadiation victims
- trueTeenage boy/girl relations
- trueTeenagers and death
- trueThirteen-year-old girls
- Death -- Fiction
- Death -- Juvenile fiction
- trueEmotional maturity
- trueFarm life -- Vermont
- trueFirst loves
- Friendship -- Fiction
- Nyle's life with her grandmother on their Vermont sheep farm advances rhythmically through the seasons until the night of the accident at the Cookshire nuclear power plant. Without warning, Nyle's modest world fills with protective masks, evacuations, contaminated food, disruptions, and mistrust. Nyle adjusts to the changes. As long as the fallout continues blowing to the East, Nyle, Gran, and the farm can go on. But into this uncertain haven stumble Ezra Trent and his mother, "refugees" from the heart of the accident, who take temporary shelter in the back bedroom of Nyle's house. The back bedroom is the dying room: It took her mother when Nyle was six it stole away her grandfather just two years ago. Now Ezra is back there and Nyle doesn't want to open her heart to him. Too many times she's let people in, only to have them desert her. Karen Hesse's voice and vision are grounded in truth she takes on a nearly unharnessable subject, contains it, and makes it resonate with honesty. Part love story, part coming of age, this is a tour de force by a gifted writer
- Charlotte Award (New York), Young Adult, 1996.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Teen Book Category, 1998.
- Heartland Award, 1998.
- South Carolina Book Award, Junior Books, 1997.
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 1995
- Awards note
- American Library Association Notable Children's Book 1995
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Middle School
- Intended audience source
- Interest level
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Ph 1994
- P56 1994
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Reading Counts!
- Accelerated Reader AR
- Reading Counts RC
- Target audience
ContextContext of Phoenix rising
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Phoenix rising
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/zE55zYbMIws/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/zE55zYbMIws/">Phoenix rising</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>