Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The work Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The work Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
- Statement of responsibility
- J. K. Rowling ; illustrations by Mary GrandPre
- Title variation
- Harry Potter and the sorcerers stone
- trueBoarding schools
- trueBooks to movies
- trueChild wizards
- trueEleven-year-old boys -- England
- trueFantasy fiction
- Juvenile Fiction
- Juvenile Literature
- trueMagic -- Study and teaching
- truePotter, Harry (Fictitious character)
- trueSchools -- Great Britain
- trueWizards' apprentices
- "Turning the envelope over, his hand trembling, Harry saw a purple wax seal bearing a coat of arms; a lion, an eagle, a badger and a snake surrounding a large letter 'H'."Harry Potter has never even heard of Hogwarts when the letters start dropping on the doormat at number four, Privet Drive. Addressed in green ink on yellowish parchment with a purple seal, they are swiftly confiscated by his grisly aunt and uncle. Then, on Harry's eleventh birthday, a great beetle-eyed giant of a man called Rubeus Hagrid bursts in with some astonishing news: Harry Potter is a wizard, and he has a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. An incredible adventure is about to begin!Pottermore has now launched the Wizarding World Book Club. Visit Pottermore to sign up and join weekly Twitter discussions at WW Book Club
- ABBY Award for Children's Books, 1999.
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 1999
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 1998
- Books I Love Best Yearly (BILBY), Older Reader, 2001.
- Books I Love Best Yearly (BILBY), Younger Reader, 2001.
- Blue Hen Book Award (Delaware) for Chapter Books, 2001.
- Book Sense Book of the Year for Children's Literature, 1999.
- British Book Award for Children's Book of the Year, 1997.
- Charlotte Award (New York), Young Adult, 2000.
- Colorado Blue Spruce YA Book Award, 2001.
- Eliot Rosewater Indiana High School Book Award (Rosie Award), 2001.
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Middle/Jr. High, 2000.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Teen Book Category, 2000.
- Great Stone Face Children's Book Award (New Hampshire), 2000.
- Indian Paintbrush Book Award (Wyoming), 2000.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 2000.
- Mythopoeic Award for Children's Literature, 2008.
- Nene Award (Hawaii), 2000.
- Nestle Children's Book Prize for Nine to Eleven Year Olds, 1997.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (Illinois), 2001.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 1998.
- South Carolina Book Award, Junior Books, 2001.
- Surrey Book of the Year Award (British Columbia), 2000.
- West Australian Young Readers' Book Award (WAYRBA), Younger Readers, 2000.
- West Virginia Children's Choice Book Award, 2001.
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 1999
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Harry Potter (Original series)
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/x6lq2QoD10o/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/x6lq2QoD10o/">Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>