The fault in our stars
The work The fault in our stars represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The fault in our stars
The work The fault in our stars represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- The fault in our stars
- Statement of responsibility
- John Green
- Love storoes
- trueLove stories
- trueTeenagers with depression
- Love stories
- Terminally ill -- Juvenile fiction
- trueRealistic fiction
- Young adult fiction
- trueSixteen-year-old girls
- Terminally ill
- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction
- trueIndianapolis, Indiana
- Terminally ill children -- Juvenile fiction
- Love -- Fiction
- Young women -- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction
- trueTeenagers with terminal illnesses
- Terminally ill children
- trueTeenage romance
- trueGroup psychotherapy
- trueTeenagers with cancer
- trueTeenage boy/girl relations
- trueRomance fiction
- Physicians -- Juvenile fiction
- Authors' autographs (Provenance) -- Green -- 2012
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- Cancer in adolescence -- Juvenile fiction
- Cancer in adolescence
- Romance fiction
- Juvenile works
- Dust jackets (Bindings) -- 2012
- Conduct of life
- Youth -- Death -- Juvenile fiction
- Dust jackets (Binding) -- 2012
- trueTeenage girls
- Romance fiction
- Young women -- Conduct of life
- trueBooks to movies
- Cancer -- Fiction
- Sick -- Juvenile fiction
- Terminally ill -- Fiction
- Sixteen-year-old Hazel, a stage IV thyroid cancer patient, has accepted her terminal diagnosis until a chance meeting with a boy at cancer support group forces her to reexamine her perspective on love, loss, and life. Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten
- According to author John Green, The Fault In Our Stars was inspired by his friendship with Esther Earl, who "redefined the process of dying young for me." (December 2012 Good Reads interview, http://www.goodreads.com/interviews/show/828.John_Green). He cautions his readers not to take the novel too literally however, stating that he doesn't "want people conflating Esther with Hazel (they're very different), and it's extremely important to me that I not claim to be telling Esther's story. Esther's story belongs to Esther and to her family." (John Green's tumblr, August 2, 2012 http://fishingboatproceeds.tumblr.com/post/28557373623/everybody-was-told-to-make-a-funny-face-but-i). Esther's story is told in the 2014 posthumous memoir This Star Won't Go Out : the Life and Words of Esther Grace Earl
- Abraham Lincoln Illinois High School Book Award, 2014.
- Blue Hen Book Award (Delaware) for Teen Books, 2014.
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2012
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), High School, 2014.
- Buckeye Teen Book Award (Ohio), Grades 9-12, 2014.
- California Young Reader Medal, Young Adult, 2015.
- Colorado Blue Spruce YA Book Award, 2016.
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Fiction (Grades 9-12), 2015.
- Gateway Readers Award (Missouri), 2015.
- Georgia Peach Book Award for Teen Readers, 2014.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2012.
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Middle/Jr. High, 2015.
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Young Adult, 2013.
- Inky Awards (Australia): Silver Inky, 2012.
- Keystone to Reading Book Award (Pennsylvania), High School level, 2014.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Young Adult, 2013.
- Rhode Island Teen Book Award, 2014.
- Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, 2012.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), High School Books, 2015.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2012.
- Soaring Eagle Book Award (Wyoming), 2015.
- Thumbs Up! Award (Michigan), 2012.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for High School, 2014.
- West Australian Young Readers' Book Award (WAYRBA), Older Readers, 2013.
- Westchester Fiction Award, 2013.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2013.
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2015.
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Senior, 2015.
- Awards note
- A Junior Library Guild Selection.
- South Dakota Teen Choice Book Award, 2013-2014
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Young Adult
- Interest level
- High School
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Fau 2012
- F38 2012
- Literary form
- NLM call number
- PS 3607 .R432928 F38 2012
- Read by: Kate Rudd
- Reading level
- Series statement
- Rhode Island Teen Book Award Winner 2014
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Reading Counts
- Target audience
ContextContext of The fault in our stars
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The fault in our stars
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/vvRs-odMO5Q/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/vvRs-odMO5Q/">The fault in our stars</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>