The work Blackout represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The work Blackout represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Statement of responsibility
- Connie Willis
- trueWorld War II
- trueScience fiction
- true21st century -- 2001 -- 2100
- trueCollege students
- trueScience Fiction
- trueOxford, England
- trueTime travel (Past)
- trueAdult books for young adults
- trueParallel narratives
- trueHistorical Fiction
- true1940s -- 1940 -- 1949
- trueComputer errors
- Oxford in 2060 is a chaotic place, with scores of time-traveling historians being sent into the past. Michael Davies is prepping to go to Pearl Harbor. Merope Ward is coping with a bunch of bratty 1940 evacuees and trying to talk her thesis adviser into letting her go to VE-Day. Polly Churchill's next assignment will be as a shopgirl in the middle of London's Blitz. But now the time-travel lab is suddenly canceling assignments and switching around everyone's schedules. And when Michael, Merope, and Polly finally get to World War II, things just get worse. For there they face air raids, blackouts, and dive-bombing Stukas--to say nothing of a growing feeling that not only their assignments but the war and history itself are spiraling out of control. Because suddenly the once-reliable mechanisms of time travel are showing significant glitches, and our heroes are beginning to question their most firmly held belief: that no historian can possibly change the past
- Hugo Award for Best Novel, 2011.
- Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel, 2011.
- Nebula Award for Best Novel, 2010.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Oxford time travel novels
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Blackout
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Blackout
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/sOqWcEbCw4I/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/sOqWcEbCw4I/">Blackout</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>