The work Blackout represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The work Blackout represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Statement of responsibility
- Connie Willis
- true1940s -- 1940 -- 1949
- true21st century -- 2001 -- 2100
- trueAdult books for young adults
- trueCollege students
- trueComputer errors
- trueHistorical Fiction
- trueOxford, England
- trueParallel narratives
- trueScience Fiction
- trueScience fiction
- trueTime travel (Past)
- trueWorld War II
- Oxford in 2060 is a chaotic place, with scores of time-traveling historians being sent into the past. Michael Davies is prepping to go to Pearl Harbor. Merope Ward is coping with a bunch of bratty 1940 evacuees and trying to talk her thesis adviser into letting her go to VE-Day. Polly Churchill's next assignment will be as a shopgirl in the middle of London's Blitz. But now the time-travel lab is suddenly canceling assignments and switching around everyone's schedules. And when Michael, Merope, and Polly finally get to World War II, things just get worse. For there they face air raids, blackouts, and dive-bombing Stukas--to say nothing of a growing feeling that not only their assignments but the war and history itself are spiraling out of control. Because suddenly the once-reliable mechanisms of time travel are showing significant glitches, and our heroes are beginning to question their most firmly held belief: that no historian can possibly change the past
- Hugo Award for Best Novel, 2011.
- Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel, 2011.
- Nebula Award for Best Novel, 2010.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Oxford time travel novels
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Blackout
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Blackout
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/sOqWcEbCw4I/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/sOqWcEbCw4I/">Blackout</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>