The Resource The lightning thief
- The lightning thief
- Statement of responsibility
- Rick Riordan ; illustrated by John Rocco
- Mythology, Greek -- Juvenile fiction
- Poseidon, (Greek deity)
- Camps -- Juvenile fiction
- Zeus, (Greek deity) -- Juvenile fiction
- Young adult fiction
- Fathers and sons -- Fiction
- Zeus, (Greek deity)
- Camps -- Fiction
- Hades (Greek deity) -- Fiction
- Poseidon (Greek deity) -- Fiction
- Hades, (Greek deity)
- Fathers and sons
- Fantasy fiction
- Zeus (Greek deity) -- Fiction
- Poseidon, (Greek deity) -- Juvenile fiction
- Fathers and sons -- Juvenile fiction
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- Mythology, Greek
- Fantasy fiction
- Hades, (Greek deity) -- Juvenile fiction
- Juvenile works
- Friendship -- Fiction
- Mythology, Greek -- Fiction
- Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he can't seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. And lately, being away at boarding school is only getting worse -- Percy could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him. When Percy's mom finds out, she knows it's time that he knew the truth about where he came from, and that he go to the one place he'll be safe. She sends Percy to Camp Half-Blood, a summer camp for demigods (on Long Island), where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, God of the Sea. Soon, a mystery unfolds and together with his friends -- one a satyr and the other the demigod daughter of Athena -- Percy sets out on a quest across the United States to reach the gates of the Underworld (located in a recording studio in Hollywood) and prevent a catastrophic war between the gods. - percyjacksonbooks.com
- After learning that he is the son of a mortal woman and Poseidon, god of the sea, twelve-year-old Percy is sent to a summer camp for demigods like himself, and joins his new friends on a quest to prevent a war between the gods
- Member of
- Georgia Children's Book Award: Children's Book Award
- Nene Award (Hawaii)
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona): Tween Book
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award (Connecticut): Intermediate category
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (Minnesota) - Division II: Grades 6-8 (post-1996 winners)
- New York Times Notable Books - Children's Books: 2005
- School Library Journal Best Books: 2005
- Beehive Awards (Utah): Young Adult Books
- Young Hoosier Book Award: Middle Books
- Maine Student Book Award
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults: Magic in the Real World (2008)
- Golden Sower Awards (Nebraska): Young Adult (Grades 6-9)
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma): Young Adult Books
- Contemporary Fantasy Published Since 1990 : Fiction for Grades 3-5
- If You Like . . . Lightning Thief
- Illinois Readers' Choice Awards: Rebecca Caudill Young Readers' Book Award
- Sunshine State Young Reader's Award (Florida): Grades 6-8 (post-1987 winners)
- Percy Jackson & the Olympians, bk. 1
- Fantasy : Fiction for Grades 6-8
- Schools of Magic (9-12)
- South Carolina Book Awards: Junior Books
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award (Connecticut): Teen category
- Iowa Association of School Librarians Book Awards: Iowa Teen Award
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri)
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest): Intermediate
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards: Grades 6-8
- ALA Notable Children's Books - Older Readers Category: 2006
- BILBY - Books I Love Best Yearly (Australia) : Older Reader
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults: 2006
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award: Middle School (Grades 6-9)
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults: Book to Movie: Ripped From the Pages (2015)
- Preteen boys
- Fantasy fiction
- New York City
- Mythological fiction
- Twelve-year-old boys
- Boys with ADHD
- Boy adventurers
- Los Angeles, California
- Jackson, Percy (Fictitious character)
- First person narratives
- Poseidon (Greek deity)
- Gods and goddesses, Greek
- Zeus (Greek deity)
- Books to movies
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2006
- Beehive Young Adult Book Award (Utah), 2007.
- Books I Love Best Yearly (BILBY), Older Reader, 2011.
- Georgia Children's Book Award, 2009.
- Golden Sower Award (Nebraska), Young Adult, 2008.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Tween Book Category, 2008.
- Iowa Teen Award, 2009.
- Maine Student Book Award, 2007.
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri), 2008.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 2008.
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (Minnesota), Division II (Grades 6-8), 2009.
- Nene Award (Hawaii), 2008.
- New York Times Notable Children's Book, 2005
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Intermediate category, 2008.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Teen category, 2008.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Grades 6-8, 2008.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (Illinois), 2009.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), Young Adult Books, 2008.
- South Carolina Book Award, Junior Books, 2008.
- Sunshine State Young Reader's Award (Florida), 2008.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Middle School, 2008.
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 2006
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2008
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2015.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Middle Books, 2009.
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Intermediate, 2008.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2005.
- Awards note
- Young Hoosier Book Award, 2009
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Li 2009
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians
- Series volume
- bk. 1
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of The lightning thief
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The lightning thief
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/ryw7kstH0qQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/ryw7kstH0qQ/">The lightning thief</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...