The work Corelli's Mandolin represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The work Corelli's Mandolin represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Corelli's Mandolin
- Statement of responsibility
- Louis De Bernieres
- Title variation
- Corellis mandolin
- trueBooks to movies
- trueCephalonia Island, Greece
- trueEccentric men
- trueFathers and daughters
- trueHistorical Fiction
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueLove triangles
- trueMagical realism
- trueSecond World War era (1939-1945) -- 1939 -- 1945
- trueWorld War II -- Cephalonia Island, Greece
- Extravagant, inventive, emotionally sweeping, Corelli's Mandolin is the story of a timeless place that one day wakes up to find itself in the jaws of history. The place is the Greek island of Cephallonia, where gods once dabbled in the affairs of men and the local saint periodically rises from his sarcophagus to cure the mad. Then the tide of World War II rolls onto the island's shores in the form of the conquering Italian army.Caught in the occupation are Pelagia, a willful, beautiful young woman, and the two suitors vying for her love: Mandras, a gentle fisherman turned ruthless guerilla, and the charming, mandolin-playing Captain Corelli, a reluctant officer of the Italian garrison on the island. Rich with loyalties and betrayals, and set against a landscape where the factual blends seamlessly with the fantastic, Corelli's Mandolin is a passionate novel as rich in ideas as it is genuinely moving.From the Trade Paperback edition
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 1994.
- Commonwealth Writers' Prize for Best Book, 1995.
- Commonwealth Writers' Prize, South Asia and Europe: Best Book, 1995.
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Corelli's Mandolin
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Corelli's Mandolin
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/ra8BhXeehRc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/ra8BhXeehRc/">Corelli's Mandolin</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>