The work Wolf Hall represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The work Wolf Hall represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Wolf Hall
- Statement of responsibility
- Hilary Mantel
- true16th century -- 1501 -- 1600
- trueAmbition in men
- trueBooks to TV
- trueCourts and courtiers -- England -- History -- 16th century
- trueCromwell, Thomas, Earl of Essex, 1485?-1540
- trueEngland -- History -- 16th century
- trueGreat Britain -- History -- Henry VIII, 1509-1547
- trueGreat Britain -- History -- Tudors, 1485-1603
- trueGreat Britain -- Politics and government -- 16th century
- trueHistorical Fiction
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueMore, Thomas, Sir, Saint, 1478-1535
- truePolitical corruption
- trueTudor period (1485-1603) -- 1485 -- 1603
- In the ruthless arena of King Henry VIII's court, only one man dares to gamble his life to win the king's favor and ascend to the heights of political powerEngland in the 1520s is a heartbeat from disaster. If the king dies without a male heir, the country could be destroyed by civil war. Henry VIII wants to annul his marriage of twenty years, and marry Anne Boleyn. The pope and most of Europe opposes him. The quest for the king's freedom destroys his adviser, the brilliant Cardinal Wolsey, and leaves a power vacuum. Into this impasse steps Thomas Cromwell. Cromwell is a wholly original man, a charmer and a bully, both idealist and opportunist, astute in reading people and a demon of energy: he is also a consummate politician, hardened by his personal losses, implacable in his ambition. But Henry is volatile: one day tender, one day murderous. Cromwell helps him break the opposition, but what will be the price of his triumph? In inimitable style, Hilary Mantel presents a picture of a half-made society on the cusp of change, where individuals fight or embrace their fate with passion and courage. With a vast array of characters, overflowing with incident, the novel re-creates an era when the personal and political are separated by a hairbreadth, where success brings unlimited power but a single failure means death
- Library Journal Best Books, 2009.
- Man Booker Prize, 2009.
- National Book Critics Circle Award for Fiction, 2009.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2009
- Walter Scott Prize for Historical Fiction, 2010.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Wolf Hall trilogy
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Wolf Hall
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Wolf Hall
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/pmHuoWAPWqM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/pmHuoWAPWqM/">Wolf Hall</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>