How to steal a dog : a novel
The work How to steal a dog : a novel represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
How to steal a dog : a novel
The work How to steal a dog : a novel represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- How to steal a dog : a novel
- Title remainder
- a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- by Barbara O'Connor
- Title variation
- How to steal a dog
- Small towns -- North Carolina -- Fiction
- Juvenile works
- trueMoney-making projects
- trueMoney-making projects for girls
- Money-making schemes -- Fiction
- Money-making schemes for girls -- Fiction
- trueNorth Carolina
- North Carolina
- North Carolina -- Fiction
- North Carolina -- Juvenile fiction
- trueRight and wrong
- Right and wrong -- Fiction
- trueSmall towns -- North Carolina
- Young adult fiction
- Young adult works
- Brothers and sisters
- Brothers and sisters -- Fiction
- Brothers and sisters -- Juvenile fiction
- Conduct of life
- Conduct of life -- Fiction
- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction
- Dognapping -- Fiction
- Dogs -- Fiction
- Dogs -- Juvenile fiction
- Dysfunctional families
- Dysfunctional families -- Juvenile fiction
- trueFamily problems
- Family problems -- Fiction
- trueFather-deserted families
- Father-deserted families -- Fiction
- Girls -- Fiction
- Homeless persons
- Homeless persons -- Fiction
- Homeless persons -- Juvenile fiction
- Interpersonal relations
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction
- Interpersonal relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Living in the family car in their small North Carolina town after their father leaves them virtually penniless, Georgina, desperate to improve their situation and unwilling to accept her overworked mother's calls for patience, persuades her younger brother to help her in an elaborate scheme to get money by stealing a dog and then claiming the reward that the owners are bound to offer
- Prairie Pasque Children's Book Award (South Dakota), 2010.
- South Carolina Book Award, Children’s Books, 2009.
- Surrey Schools' Book of the Year Award (British Columbia), 2011.
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas) for Third-Fifth Grade, 2010.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Intermediate Books, 2011.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2007.
- Awards note
- Notable Book for a Global Society award winner, 2008
- Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People, 2008.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- How 2007
- Literary form
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of How to steal a dog : a novel
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work How to steal a dog : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/oL52Xqf5Pr8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/oL52Xqf5Pr8/">How to steal a dog : a novel</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>