The work Spinning Silver represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The work Spinning Silver represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Spinning Silver
- Statement of responsibility
- Naomi Novik
- trueAdaptations, retellings, and spin-offs
- trueAdult books for young adults
- trueBoasts and praises
- trueFantasy fiction
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueJewish women
- trueMoney lenders
- trueMultiple perspectives
- truePride and vanity
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • "One of the year's strongest fantasy novels" (NPR), an imaginative retelling of the Rumpelstiltskin fairy tale from the bestselling author of Uprooted.NEBULA AND HUGO AWARD FINALISTNAMED ONE OF PASTE'S BEST FANTASY BOOKS OF THE DECADENAMED ONE OF THE TEN BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY THE NEW YORK PUBLIC LIBRARY AND ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY The New York Times Book Review • NPRTime • Tordotcom • Popsugar • Vox • Vulture • Paste • Bustle • Library JournalWith the Nebula Award–winning Uprooted, Naomi Novik opened a brilliant new chapter in an already acclaimed career, delving into the magic of fairy tales to craft a love story that was both timeless and utterly of the now. Spinning Silver draws readers deeper into this glittering realm of fantasy, where the boundary between wonder and terror is thinner than a breath, and safety can be stolen as quickly as a kiss.Miryem is the daughter and granddaughter of moneylenders, but her father's inability to collect his debts has left his family on the edge of poverty—until Miryem takes matters into her own hands. Hardening her heart, the young woman sets out to claim what is owed and soon gains a reputation for being able to turn silver into gold. When an ill-advised boast draws the attention of the king of the Staryk—grim fey creatures who seem more ice than flesh—Miryem's fate, and that of two kingdoms, will be forever altered. She will face an impossible challenge and, along with two unlikely allies, uncover a secret that threatens to consume the lands of humans and Staryk alike.Praise for Spinning Silver"A perfect tale . . . A big and meaty novel, rich in both ideas and people, with the vastness of Tolkien and the empathy and joy in daily life of Le Guin."—The New York Times Book Review"Gorgeous, complex, and magical . . . This is the kind of book that one might wish to inhabit forever."—Publishers Weekly (starred review)"Cool and clever and . . . dire and wonderful."—Laini Taylor, author of Strange the Dreamer"The Rumpelstiltskin fairy tale has never been as captivating. . . . Spinning Silver further cements [Novik's] place as one of the genre greats."—Paste
- Alex Award, 2019.
- Amelia Bloomer List, 2019.
- Librarians' Choice (Australia), 2018.
- LibraryReads Favorites, 2018.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2018.
- Locus Award for Fantasy Novel, 2019.
- Mythopoeic Award for Adult Literature, 2019.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2018
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Spinning Silver
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Spinning Silver
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/nJzUWBh7ul0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/nJzUWBh7ul0/">Spinning Silver</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>