The Cabin at the End of the World
The work The Cabin at the End of the World represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The Cabin at the End of the World
The work The Cabin at the End of the World represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- The Cabin at the End of the World
- Statement of responsibility
- Paul Tremblay
- NATIONAL BESTSELLER!BEST BOOK OF 2018 (Library Journal, NPR, Buzzfeed)LOCUS RECOMMENDED READING LIST - 2018JULY 2018 INDIE NEXT PICK!SUMMER 2018 PUBLISHERS WEEKLY PICK!"A tremendous book―thought-provoking and terrifying, with tension that winds up like a chain. The Cabin at the End of the World is Tremblay's personal best. It's that good." — Stephen King"A clinic in suspense, a story that opens with high-wire tension and never lets up from there." — Michael Koryta"I tore through it in record time. I just couldn't wait to see where Tremblay was going to take me next." — Victor LaValleThe Bram Stoker Award-winning author of A Head Full of Ghosts adds an inventive twist to the home invasion horror story in a heart-palpitating novel of psychological suspense that recalls Stephen King's Misery, Ruth Ware's In a Dark, Dark Wood, and Jack Ketchum's cult hit The Girl Next Door.Seven-year-old Wen and her parents, Eric and Andrew, are vacationing at a remote cabin on a quiet New Hampshire lake. Their closest neighbors are more than two miles in either direction along a rutted dirt road.One afternoon, as Wen catches grasshoppers in the front yard, a stranger unexpectedly appears in the driveway. Leonard is the largest man Wen has ever seen but he is young, friendly, and he wins her over almost instantly. Leonard and Wen talk and play until Leonard abruptly apologizes and tells Wen, "None of what's going to happen is your fault". Three more strangers then arrive at the cabin carrying unidentifiable, menacing objects. As Wen sprints inside to warn her parents, Leonard calls out: "Your dads won't want to let us in, Wen. But they have to. We need your help to save the world."Thus begins an unbearably tense, gripping tale of paranoia, sacrifice, apocalypse, and survival that escalates to a shattering conclusion, one in which the fate of a loving family and quite possibly all of humanity are entwined. The Cabin at the End of the World is a masterpiece of terror and suspense from the fantastically fertile imagination of Paul Tremblay."Read Paul Tremblay's new novel, The Cabin at the End of the World, and you might not sleep for a week. Longer. It will shape your nightmares for months – that's pretty much guaranteed." — NPR"Gripping, horrifying, and mesmerizing." — GQ"A tour-de-force of psychological and religious horror." — BN.com"A blinding tale of survival and sacrifice." — Kirkus Reviews"Tremblay has a real winner here." — Tor.com
- Bram Stoker Award for Best Novel, 2018.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2018.
- Locus Award for Dark Fantasy-Horror Novel, 2019.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The Cabin at the End of the World
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Cabin at the End of the World
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/n3TImvdp81c/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/n3TImvdp81c/">The Cabin at the End of the World</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>