The work Jasper Jones represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The work Jasper Jones represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Jasper Jones
- Statement of responsibility
- Craig Silvey
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueMultiracial boys
- trueAustralian fiction
- trueMisfits (Persons)
- trueRacism -- Australia
- trueAustralia -- Social life and customs -- 20th century
- trueAdult books for young adults
- trueSmall towns -- Australia
- trueComing-of-age stories
- trueHistorical Fiction
- trueTeenage boys -- Australia
- trueLife change events
- Young Adult Literature
- trueWestern Australia
- Young Adult Fiction
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueBooks to movies
- true1960s -- 1960 -- 1969
- A 2012 Michael L. Printz Honor BookCharlie Bucktin, a bookish thirteen year old, is startled one summer night by an urgent knock on his bedroom window. His visitor is Jasper Jones, an outcast in their small mining town, and he has come to ask for Charlie's help. Terribly afraid but desperate to impress, Charlie follows him into the night.Jasper takes him to his secret glade, where Charlie witnesses Jasper's horrible discovery. With his secret like a brick in his belly, Charlie is pushed and pulled by a town closing in on itself in fear and suspicion. He locks horns with his tempestuous mother, falls nervously in love, and battles to keep a lid on his zealous best friend. In the simmering summer where everything changes, Charlie learns why the truth of things is so hard to know, and even harder to hold in his heart.From the Hardcover edition
- Australian Book Industry Awards, Book of the Year, 2010.
- Australian Book Industry Awards, Literary Fiction Book of the Year, 2010.
- Nielsen BookData Australian Booksellers' Choice Award, 2010.
- Western Australian Premier's Book Awards, Fiction category, 2009.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2012
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2011.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Jasper Jones
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Jasper Jones
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/kOs728Kn3FQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/kOs728Kn3FQ/">Jasper Jones</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>