Interpreter of Maladies
The work Interpreter of Maladies represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
Interpreter of Maladies
The work Interpreter of Maladies represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Interpreter of Maladies
- Statement of responsibility
- Jhumpa Lahiri
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueFamily secrets
- trueManners and customs
- trueTranslating and interpreting
- trueParents of stillborn infants
- trueBereavement in parents
- trueMarital conflict
- trueTour guides (Persons)
- trueIndia -- Social life and customs -- 20th century
- trueExtramarital affairs
- trueEast Indian Americans in India
- trueCulture conflict
- trueShort stories
- trueCambridge, Massachusetts
- trueEast Indian Americans -- Social life and customs
- Navigating between the Indian traditions they've inherited and the baffling new world, the characters in Jhumpa Lahiri's elegant, touching stories seek love beyond the barriers of culture and generations. In "A Temporary Matter," published in The New Yorker, a young Indian-American couple faces the heartbreak of a stillborn birth while their Boston neighborhood copes with a nightly blackout. In the title story, an interpreter guides an American family through the India of their ancestors and hears an astonishing confession. Lahiri writes with deft cultural insight reminiscent of Anita Desai and a nuanced depth that recalls Mavis Gallant. She is an important and powerful new voice
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, 2000.
- Hemingway Foundation/PEN Award, 2000.
- New York Times Notable Book, 1999
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Interpreter of Maladies
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Interpreter of Maladies
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/hjuy-dbFirU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/hjuy-dbFirU/">Interpreter of Maladies</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>