Coleridge : early visions
The work Coleridge : early visions represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
Coleridge : early visions
The work Coleridge : early visions represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Coleridge : early visions
- Title remainder
- early visions
- Statement of responsibility
- Richard Holmes
- Coleridge, Samuel Taylor, 1772-1834
- true19th century -- 1801 -- 1900
- Biographie 1772-1804
- trueRomanticism -- England
- trueArts and Entertainment -- Writing and Publishing
- trueLife stories -- Arts and culture | Writing | Poets
- truePoets, English -- 19th century -- Biography
- Coleridge, Samuel Taylor | 1772-1834
- Poets, English | 19th century | Biography
- Poets, English
- trueColeridge, Samuel Taylor, 1772-1834
- Winner of the 1989 Whitbread Prize for Book of the Year, this is the first volume of Holmes's seminal two-part examination of Samuel Taylor Coleridge, one of Britain's greatest poets. Coleridge: Early Visions is the first part of Holmes's classic biography of Coleridge that forever transformed our view of the poet of 'Kubla Khan' and his place in the Romantic Movement. Dismissed by much recent scholarship as an opium addict, plagiarist, political apostate and mystic charlatan, Richard Holmes's Coleridge leaps out of the page as a brilliant, animated and endlessly provoking figure who invades the imagination. This is an act of biographical recreation which brings back to life Coleridge's poetry and encyclopaedic thought, his creative energy and physical presence. He is vivid and unexpected. Holmes draws the reader into the labyrinthine complications of his subject's personality and literary power, and faces us with profound questions about the nature of creativity, the relations between sexuality and friendship, the shifting grounds of political and religious belief. - Publisher
- ... The first volume of Richard Holmes's life of Coleridge was hailed by Michael Holroyd as "a modern masterpiece, a book that marks a climax in the golden age of modern biography." The romantic writer who emerges from these pages is unforgettably vivid and unexpected. Holmes gives us a true portrait of unfolding genius---a man who learns as much from children's games as from philosophic treatises, as much from bird flight as from theology
- Whitbread Book Award for Biography, 1989.
- Whitbread Book of the Year Award, 1989.
- Awards note
- Whitbread Book of the Year, 1989.
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .H57 1990
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Coleridge : early visions
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Coleridge : early visions
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/hPBYCyynppA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/hPBYCyynppA/">Coleridge : early visions</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>