The work Skellig represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The work Skellig represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Statement of responsibility
- by David Almond
- trueFantasy fiction
- Family life -- England -- Fiction
- trueMoving, Household
- Strangers -- Fiction
- Strangers -- Juvenile fiction
- trueFantasy fiction
- trueSick children
- Angels -- Juvenile fiction
- Moving, Household
- trueFamilies -- England
- Moving, Household -- Fiction
- England -- Fiction
- Angels -- Fiction
- Families -- England -- Juvenile fiction
- Juvenile works
- Moving, Household -- Juvenile fiction
- England -- Juvenile fiction
- trueBooks to movies
- Young readers will by enchanted by this magical tale of friendship and family: Michael was looking forward to his new house and neighborhood, until his infant sister became very ill. Now his parents are constantly frantic, the scary doctor is always coming around, and Michael feels helpless. When he goes out into the old rickety garage, he comes across a mysterious being living beneath spider webs and eating flies for dinner. This creature calls himself Skellig, and over the weeks Michael and his new friend Mina bring Skellig out in to the light, and their worlds change forever
- Carnegie Medal, 1998.
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 1999
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Fiction (Grades 6-8), 2002.
- New York Times Notable Children's Book, 1999
- Whitbread Book Award for Children's Book of the Year, 1998.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 1999.
- Awards note
- Michael L. Printz Honor Book, 2000, ALA Notable Children's Book, 2000.
- Carnegie Medal winner, 1998
- Whitbread Children's Book of the Year, 1998.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Middle School
- Intended audience source
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Sk 1999
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Reading Counts!
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of Skellig
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Skellig
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/fmMltoDb8Xw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/fmMltoDb8Xw/">Skellig</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>