I am not a number
The work I am not a number represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
I am not a number
The work I am not a number represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- I am not a number
- Statement of responsibility
- written by Jenny Kay Dupuis and Kathy Kacer ; illustrated by Gillian Newland
- Indigenous peoples
- trueHistorical fiction
- Picture books
- true1920s -- 1920 -- 1929
- Indigenous peoples -- Canada -- Juvenile fiction
- Off-reservation boarding schools -- Canada -- Juvenile fiction
- truePicture books for children
- Picture books
- trueParent-separated children
- trueCanadian fiction
- truePicture books
- trueNative American girls
- trueFirst Nations (Canada)
- Juvenile works
- trueNative American residential schools
- trueSeparated friends, relatives, etc
- Off-reservation boarding schools
- "A picture book based on a true story about a young First Nations girl who was sent to a residential school. When eight-year-old Irene is removed from her First Nations family to live in a residential school she is confused, frightened, and terribly homesick. She tries to remember who she is and where she came from despite the efforts of the nuns to force her to do otherwise. Based on the life of Jenny Kay Dupuis' own grandmother, I Am Not a Number brings a terrible part of Canada's history to light in a way that children can learn from and relate to"--
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2017
- Hackmatack Children's Choice Book Award (Canada) for English Non-Fiction, 2018.
- OLA Best Bets, 2016.
- Red Cedar Book Awards (British Columbia), Non-fiction category, 2018.
- Willow Awards, Diamond Willow category, 2017.
- Assigning source
- Provide by publisher
- Awards note
- American Library Association Notable Children's Book: Middle Readers; 2017.
- Oklahoma Library Association: Silver Birch Award Nominee; 2018.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Interest level
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Iam 2016
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Accelerated Reader AR
- Target audience
ContextContext of I am not a number
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work I am not a number
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/fXymK5pyG7M/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/fXymK5pyG7M/">I am not a number</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>