The work Illuminae represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The work Illuminae represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Statement of responsibility
- Amie Kaufman ; Jay Kristoff
- trueArtificial intelligence
- trueAustralian fiction
- trueElectronic records
- trueScience Fiction
- trueScience fiction
- trueScience fiction thrillers
- trueSpace flight
- trueSpace opera
- trueSpace vehicles
- trueThrillers and suspense
- Young Adult Fiction
- For fans of Marie Lu comes the first book in an epic series that bends the sci-fi genre into a new dimension. "A truly beautiful novel that redefines the form." —Victoria Aveyard, bestselling author of Red Queen This morning, Kady thought breaking up with Ezra was the hardest thing she'd have to do. This afternoon, her planet was invaded. The year is 2575, and two rival megacorporations are at war over a planet that's little more than a speck at the edge of the universe. Now with enemy fire raining down on them, Kady and Ezra—who are barely even talking to each other—are forced to evacuate with a hostile warship in hot pursuit. But their problems are just getting started. A plague has broken out and is mutating with terrifying results; the fleet's AI may actually be their enemy; and nobody in charge will say what's really going on. As Kady hacks into a web of data to find the truth, it's clear the only person who can help her is the ex-boyfriend she swore she'd never speak to again. Told through a fascinating dossier of hacked documents—including emails, maps, files, IMs, medical reports, interviews, and more—Illuminae is the first book in a heart-stopping trilogy about lives interrupted, the price of truth, and the courage of everyday heroes. "Prepare yourselves for Illuminae." —EW.com "[Y]ou're not in for an ordinary novel experience. . . ." —Bustle.com "A truly interactive experience. . . . A fantastically fun ride." —MTV.com ★ "[O]ut-of-this-world awesome." —Kirkus Reviews, starred ★ "...stylistically mesmerizing." —Publishers Weekly, starred ★ "[A]n arresting visual experience."—Booklist, starred ★ "[A] game-changer." —Shelf Awareness, starred"Brace yourself. You're about to be immersed in a mindscape that you'll never want to leave." —Marie Lu, bestselling author of the Legend trilogy "Genre: Undefinable. Novel: Unforgettable." —Kami Garcia, bestselling coauthor of Beautiful Creatures & author of Unbreakable "An exuberant mix of space opera, romance, zombies, hackers, and political thrills." —Scott Westerfeld, bestselling author of Zeroes and Uglies "Stunningly creative. Smart, funny, and romantic." —Veronica Rossi, bestselling author of Under the Never Sky "This is one of those rare books that will truly keep your heart pounding." —Beth Revis, bestselling author of Across the Universe "This book is xxxxing awesome." —Laini Taylor, bestselling author of Daughter of Smoke and BoneFrom the Hardcover edition
- Aurealis Awards, Best Science Fiction Novel, 2015.
- Australian Book Industry Awards, Book of the Year for Older Children, 2016.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2016.
- Inky Awards (Australia): Gold Inky, 2016.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Illuminae files
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Illuminae
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Illuminae
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/WMsvBKkop08/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/WMsvBKkop08/">Illuminae</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>