The work Divergent represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The work Divergent represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Statement of responsibility
- Veronica Roth
- trueSocial classes
- trueSixteen-year-old girls
- trueScience fiction
- trueBooks for reluctant readers
- trueScience Fiction
- trueChicago, Illinois
- truePrior, Tris (Fictitious character)
- trueOptions, alternatives, choices
- trueDystopian fiction
- trueIdentity (Psychology)
- Young Adult Fiction
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueTeenage girls
- trueBooks to movies
- This first book in Veronica Roth's #1 New York Times bestselling Divergent trilogy is the novel the inspired the major motion picture starring Shailene Woodley, Theo James, and Kate Winslet. This dystopian series set in a futuristic Chicago has captured the hearts of millions of teen and adult readers.Perfect for fans of the Hunger Games and Maze Runner series, Divergent and its sequels, Insurgent and Allegiant, are the gripping story of a dystopian world transformed by courage, self-sacrifice, and love. Fans of the Divergent movie will find the book packed with just as much emotional depth and exhilarating action as the film, all told in beautiful, rich language.One choice can transform you. Beatrice Prior's society is divided into five factions—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). Beatrice must choose between staying with her Abnegation family and transferring factions. Her choice will shock her community and herself. But the newly christened Tris also has a secret, one she's determined to keep hidden, because in this world, what makes you different makes you dangerous.And don't miss The Fates Divide, Veronica Roth's powerful sequel to the bestselling Carve the Mark!
- Amelia Bloomer List, 2012
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), High School, 2013.
- California Young Reader Medal, Young Adult, 2014.
- Colorado Blue Spruce YA Book Award, 2014.
- Eliot Rosewater Indiana High School Book Award (Rosie Award), 2014.
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Fiction (Grades 9-12), 2014.
- Gateway Readers Award (Missouri), 2014.
- Georgia Peach Book Award for Teen Readers, 2013.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2011.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Teen Book Category, 2014.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 9-12, 2013.
- Iowa High School Book Award, 2014.
- Isinglass Teen Read Award (New Hampshire), 2012-2013.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades 9-12, 2013.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico), Young Adult category, 2014.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Teen category, 2014.
- Rhode Island Teen Book Award, 2013.
- Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award, 2011.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2011.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), High School Books, 2014.
- Soaring Eagle Book Award (Wyoming), 2013.
- South Carolina Book Award, Young Adult Books, 2014.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2012
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2015.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2012
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Senior, 2014.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Divergent trilogy
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Divergent
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Divergent
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/UrHCWc6Teyk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/UrHCWc6Teyk/">Divergent</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>