Running Out of Time
The work Running Out of Time represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
Running Out of Time
The work Running Out of Time represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Running Out of Time
- Statement of responsibility
- Margaret Peterson Haddix
- true1840s -- 1840 -- 1849
- trueChildren -- Death
- trueScience -- Experiments
- trueBooks for reluctant readers
- trueResourcefulness in teenage girls
- true1990s -- 1990 -- 1999
- trueSick persons
- trueThirteen-year-old girls
- trueThrillers and suspense
- trueRestored towns, villages, etc
- Young Adult Fiction
- trueScience -- Moral and ethical aspects
- Jessie lives with her family in the frontier village of Clifton, Indiana, in 1840...or so she believes. When diphtheria strikes the village and the children of Clifton start dying, Jessie's mother reveals a shocking secret -- it's actually 1996, and they are living in a reconstructed village that serves as a tourist site. In the world outside, medicine exists that can cure the dread disease, and Jessie's mother is sending her on a dangerous mission to bring back help. But beyond the walls of Clifton, Jessie discovers a world even more alien and threatening than she could have imagined, and soon she finds her own life in jeopardy. Can she get help before the children of Clifton, and Jessie herself, run out of time?
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 6-9, 1998.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Intermediate Book Category, 1998.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), Young Adult Books, 1998.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 1996
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 1997
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Running Out of Time
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Running Out of Time
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/Qmq_ZjvEcxo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/Qmq_ZjvEcxo/">Running Out of Time</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>