Book Uncle and me
The work Book Uncle and me represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
Book Uncle and me
The work Book Uncle and me represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Book Uncle and me
- Statement of responsibility
- Uma Krishnaswami ; illustrations by Julianna Swaney
- trueBooks and reading
- Communities -- Fiction
- Communities -- Juvenile fiction
- Elections -- Fiction
- Elections -- Juvenile fiction
- Friendship -- Fiction
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- Girls -- Fiction
- Girls -- Juvenile fiction
- Juvenile works
- Libraries -- Fiction
- Libraries -- Juvenile fiction
- trueNine-year-old girls
- truePicture books for children
- Reading -- Fiction
- Reading -- Juvenile fiction
- trueRetired teachers
- Every day, nine-year-old Yasmin borrows a book from Book Uncle, a retired teacher who has set up a free lending library next to her apartment building. But when the mayor tries to shut down the rickety bookstand, Yasmin has to take her nose out of her book and do something. But what can she do? The local elections are coming up but she's just a kid. She can't even vote! Still, Yasmin has friends -- her best friend, Reeni, and Anil, who even has a black belt in karate. And she has grownup family and neighbors who, no matter how preoccupied they are, care about what goes on in their community. Then Yasmin remembers a story that Book Uncle selected for her. It's an old folktale about a flock of doves trapped in a hunter's net. The birds realize that if they all flap their wings at the same time, they can lift the net and fly to safety, where they seek the help of a friendly mole who chews a hole in the net and sets them free. And so the children get to work, launching a campaign to make sure the voices of the community are heard
- USBBY Outstanding International Book, 2017.
- OLA Best Bets, 2016.
- Additional physical form
- Issued also in electronic formats.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Bo 2016
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Book Uncle and me
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Book Uncle and me
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/PlN02wRj6WA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/PlN02wRj6WA/">Book Uncle and me</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>