All Over but the Shoutin'
The work All Over but the Shoutin' represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
All Over but the Shoutin'
The work All Over but the Shoutin' represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- All Over but the Shoutin'
- Statement of responsibility
- Rick Bragg
- Title variation
- All over but the shouting
- All over but the shoutin
- truePoor families
- trueBragg, Rick -- Childhood and youth
- trueJournalists -- United States -- Biography
- Biography & Autobiography
- trueFamily relationships
- trueSouthern States
- trueArts and Entertainment -- Writing and Publishing
- trueAlabama -- Rural conditions -- 20th century
- trueGrowing up
- trueAlcoholic fathers
- trueAdult books for young adults
- trueBragg, Rick
- trueFamily and Relationships -- Growing Up
- trueMothers and sons
- trueLife stories -- Relationships | Growing up
- trueAutobiographies and memoirs
- A New York Times Notable Book of the YearThis haunting, harrowing, gloriously moving recollection of a life on the American margin is the story of Rick Bragg, who grew up dirt-poor in northeastern Alabama, seemingly destined for either the cotton mills or the penitentiary, and instead became a Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter for The New York Times. It is the story of Bragg's father, a hard-drinking man with a murderous temper and the habit of running out on the people who needed him most.But at the center of this soaring memoir is Bragg's mother, who went eighteen years without a new dress so that her sons could have school clothes and picked other people's cotton so that her children wouldn't have to live on welfare alone. Evoking these lives—and the country that shaped and nourished them—with artistry, honesty, and compassion, Rick Bragg brings home the love and suffering that lie at the heart of every family. The result is unforgettable
- ALA Notable Book, 1998.
- Alex Award, 1998.
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Adult Books for Young Adults, 1997.
- New York Times Notable Book, 1997
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of All Over but the Shoutin'
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work All Over but the Shoutin'
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/NtrXIhk8Rgc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/NtrXIhk8Rgc/">All Over but the Shoutin'</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>