The work Front desk represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The work Front desk represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Front desk
- Statement of responsibility
- Kelly Yang
- Southern California
- trueSouthern California
- Self-confidence -- Juvenile fiction
- Self-confidence -- Fiction
- California, Southern -- Fiction
- California, Southern -- Juvenile fiction
- trueChild immigrants
- trueChildren's stories
- Chinese -- California, Southern -- Juvenile fiction
- Chinese Americans -- Fiction
- trueChinese in the United States
- Exploitation -- Juvenile fiction
- trueFifth-grade girls
- Friendship -- Fiction
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- Hotels, motels, etc. -- Fiction
- Immigrant families
- trueImmigrant families
- Immigrant families -- California, Southern -- Juvenile fiction
- Immigrants -- California, Southern -- Juvenile fiction
- Immigrants -- Fiction
- trueImmigrants, Chinese
- Juvenile works
- Motels -- California, Southern -- Juvenile fiction
- trueTen-year-old girls
- "Mia Tang has a lot of secrets. Number 1: She lives in a motel, not a big house. Every day, while her immigrant parents clean the rooms, ten-year-old Mia manages the front desk of the Calivista Motel and tends to its guests. Number 2: Her parents hide immigrants. And if the mean motel owner, Mr. Yao, finds out they've been letting them stay in the empty rooms for free, the Tangs will be doomed. Number 3: She wants to be a writer. But how can she when her mom thinks she should stick to math because English is not her first language? It will take all of Mia's courage, kindness, and hard work to get through this year. Will she be able to hold on to her job, help the immigrants and guests, escape Mr. Yao, and go for her dreams?"--Page 2 of cover
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2019
- Asian Pacific American Asian Pacific American Award for Literature: Children’s Literature, 2020.
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 4-6, 2019.
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2018.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 6-8, 2019.
- North Carolina Children's Book Award, Junior Books category, 2020.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2018.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), Intermediate Books, 2020.
- Awards note
- A Junior Library Guild selection.
- ALSC Notable Children's Book, 2019
- Asian/Pacific American Award for Children's Literature, 2019
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Books for Youth, 2018
- Chicago Public Library Best Fiction for Older Readers, 2018
- CSMCL Best Books, 2018
- Kirkus Prize Nominee for Young Readers' Literature, 2018
- New York Public Library Best Books for Kids, 2018
- Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People, 2019
- NPR Best Books, 2018
- Publisher's Weekly Best Middle Grade Book, 2018
- School Library Journal's Best Books, 2018
- Washington Post Best Children's Books, 2018
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Structure indicator: 90 (high)
- Syntactic indicator: 100 (very high)
- Semantic indicator: 100 (very high)
- Decoding indicator: 100 (very high)
- Intended audience source
- Interest level
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Fr 2018
- F76 2018
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Reading level
- Series statement
- Front desk;
- Series volume
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Target audience
ContextContext of Front desk
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Front desk
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/MOtTMuhoeb0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/MOtTMuhoeb0/">Front desk</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>