More Happy Than Not
The work More Happy Than Not represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
More Happy Than Not
The work More Happy Than Not represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- More Happy Than Not
- Statement of responsibility
- Adam Silvera
- trueLGBTQIA fiction
- trueTeenage boys
- trueNew York City
- trueScience fiction
- trueSurvivors of suicide victims
- trueFathers -- Death
- trueGay teenagers
- trueBronx, New York City
- truePuerto Ricans
- trueSixteen-year-old boys
- Young Adult Literature
- Young Adult Fiction
- trueNear future
- trueDating (Social customs)
- In his twisty, gritty, profoundly moving New York Times bestselling-debut—also called "mandatory reading" and selected as an Editors' Choice by the New York Times—Adam Silvera brings to life a charged, dangerous near-future summer in the Bronx.In the months after his father's suicide, it's been tough for sixteen-year-old Aaron Soto to find happiness again—but he's still gunning for it. With the support of his girlfriend Genevieve and his overworked mom, he's slowly remembering what that might feel like. But grief and the smile-shaped scar on his wrist prevent him from forgetting completely. When Genevieve leaves for a couple of weeks, Aaron spends all his time hanging out with this new guy, Thomas. Aaron's crew notices, and they're not exactly thrilled. But Aaron can't deny the happiness Thomas brings or how Thomas makes him feel safe from himself, despite the tensions their friendship is stirring with his girlfriend and friends. Since Aaron can't stay away from Thomas or turn off his newfound feelings for him, he considers turning to the Leteo Institute's revolutionary memory-alteration procedure to straighten himself out, even if it means forgetting who he truly is. Why does happiness have to be so hard?"Silvera managed to leave me smiling after totally breaking my heart. Unforgettable."—Becky Albertalli, author of Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda "Adam Silvera explores the inner workings of a painful world and he delivers this with heartfelt honesty and a courageous, confident hand . . . A mesmerizing, unforgettable tour de force."—John Corey Whaley, National Book Award finalist and author of Where Things Come Back and Noggin From the Hardcover edition
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2015
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults: Top Ten, 2015.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2015
- Rainbow List, 2016.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2016.
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2017.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of More Happy Than Not
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work More Happy Than Not
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/LLdKPjR0TOA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/LLdKPjR0TOA/">More Happy Than Not</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>