The Worst Hard Time
The work The Worst Hard Time represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The Worst Hard Time
The work The Worst Hard Time represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- The Worst Hard Time
- Statement of responsibility
- Timothy Egan
- trueMiddle West -- Social conditions
- trueDepressions -- 1929-1941 -- Great Plains (United States)
- trueDroughts -- Great Plains (United States) -- History -- 20th century
- trueHistory writing -- United States -- Great Depression
- trueDust Bowl (South Central United States)
- trueFarms -- United States
- trueMiddle West -- Economic conditions
- trueAdult books for young adults
- trueUnited States -- History -- 1929-1939
- trueGreat Plains (United States) -- History -- 20th century
- trueDust storms -- Great Plains (United States) -- History -- 20th century
- trueDust Bowl Era, 1931-1939
- true1930s -- 1930 -- 1939
- trueGreat Plains (United States) -- Social conditions
- In a tour de force of historical reportage, Timothy Egan's National Book Award–winning story rescues an iconic chapter of American history from the shadows. The dust storms that terrorized the High Plains in the darkest years of the Depression were like nothing ever seen before or since. Following a dozen families and their communities through the rise and fall of the region, Timothy Egan tells of their desperate attempts to carry on through blinding black dust blizzards, crop failure, and the death of loved ones. Brilliantly capturing the terrifying drama of catastrophe, he does equal justice to the human characters who become his heroes, "the stoic, long-suffering men and women whose lives he opens up with urgency and respect" (New York Times). In an era that promises ever-greater natural disasters, The Worst Hard Time is "arguably the best nonfiction book yet" (Austin Statesman Journal) on the greatest environmental disaster ever to be visited upon our land and a powerful reminder about the dangers of trifling with nature. This e-book includes a sample chapter of SHORT NIGHTS OF THE SHADOW CATCHER
- National Book Award for Nonfiction, 2007.
- Oklahoma Book Award for Nonfiction, 2006.
- Western Heritage Award for Outstanding Nonfiction Book, 2007.
- ALA Notable Book, 2007.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2006
- YALSA Outstanding Book for the College Bound, 2009.
- Biography type
- contains biographical information
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The Worst Hard Time
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Worst Hard Time
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/K7dNujRqexo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/K7dNujRqexo/">The Worst Hard Time</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>