Bring Up the Bodies
The work Bring Up the Bodies represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
Bring Up the Bodies
The work Bring Up the Bodies represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Bring Up the Bodies
- Statement of responsibility
- Hilary Mantel
- trueCromwell, Thomas, Earl of Essex, 1485?-1540
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueAmbition in men
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueGreat Britain -- Politics and government -- 16th century
- trueGreat Britain -- History -- Tudors, 1485-1603
- trueRenaissance (1300-1600) -- 1300 -- 1600
- trueBooks to TV
- trueExtramarital relations
- trueEngland -- History -- 16th century
- trueCourts and courtiers -- England -- History -- 16th century
- trueHenry, VIII, King of England, 1491-1547
- trueTudor period (1485-1603) -- 1485 -- 1603
- trueHistorical Fiction
- trueJane Seymour, Queen, consort of Henry VIII, King of England, 1509?-1537
- trueAnne Boleyn, Queen, consort of Henry VIII, King of England, 1507-1536
- truePolitical corruption
- trueGreat Britain -- History -- Henry VIII, 1509-1547
- true16th century -- 1501 -- 1600
- Winner of the 2012 Man Booker PrizeWinner of the 2012 Costa Book of the Year AwardThe sequel to Hilary Mantel's 2009 Man Booker Prize winner and New York Times bestseller, Wolf Hall delves into the heart of Tudor history with the downfall of Anne BoleynThough he battled for seven years to marry her, Henry is disenchanted with Anne Boleyn. She has failed to give him a son and her sharp intelligence and audacious will alienate his old friends and the noble families of England. When the discarded Katherine dies in exile from the court, Anne stands starkly exposed, the focus of gossip and malice.At a word from Henry, Thomas Cromwell is ready to bring her down. Over three terrifying weeks, Anne is ensnared in a web of conspiracy, while the demure Jane Seymour stands waiting her turn for the poisoned wedding ring. But Anne and her powerful family will not yield without a ferocious struggle. Hilary Mantel's Bring Up the Bodies follows the dramatic trial of the queen and her suitors for adultery and treason. To defeat the Boleyns, Cromwell must ally with his natural enemies, the papist aristocracy. What price will he pay for Anne's head? Bring Up the Bodies is one of The New York Times' 10 Best Books of 2012, one of Publishers Weekly's Top 10 Best Books of 2012 and one of The Washington Post's 10 Best Books of 2012
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2012.
- Costa Book of the Year Award, 2012.
- Costa Novel Award, 2012.
- Man Booker Prize, 2012.
- New York Times Notable Book 2012
- RUSA Reading List, 2013.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Wolf Hall trilogy
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Bring Up the Bodies
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Bring Up the Bodies
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/H_r11CVEXxI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/H_r11CVEXxI/">Bring Up the Bodies</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>