The Serpent King
The work The Serpent King represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The Serpent King
The work The Serpent King represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- The Serpent King
- Statement of responsibility
- Jeff Zentner
- trueRealistic fiction
- trueSelf-fulfillment in teenagers
- trueChildren of prisoners
- trueRural teenagers
- trueTeenage musicians
- trueChildren of clergy
- trueHigh school seniors
- trueRural life
- Young Adult Literature
- Young Adult Fiction
- trueMultiple perspectives
- Named to ten BEST OF THE YEAR lists and selected as a William C. Morris Award Winner,The Serpent King is the critically acclaimed, much-beloved story of three teens who find themselves—and each other—while on the cusp of graduating from high school with hopes of leaving their small-town behind. Perfect for fans of John Green's Turtles All the Way Down."Move over, John Green; Zentner is coming for you." —The New York Public Library"Will fill the infinite space that was left in your chest after you finished The Perks of Being a Wallflower." —BookRiot.com Dill isn't the most popular kid at his rural Tennessee high school. After his father fell from grace in a public scandal that reverberated throughout their small town, Dill became a target. Fortunately, his two fellow misfits and best friends, Travis and Lydia, have his back. But as they begin their senior year, Dill feels the coils of his future tightening around him. His only escapes are music and his secret feelings for Lydia—neither of which he is brave enough to share. Graduation feels more like an ending to Dill than a beginning. But even before then, he must cope with another ending—one that will rock his life to the core. Debut novelist Jeff Zentner provides an unblinking and at times comic view of the hard realities of growing up in the Bible belt, and an intimate look at the struggles to find one's true self in the wreckage of the past."A story about friendship, family and forgiveness, it's as funny and witty as it is utterly heartbreaking." —PasteMagazine.com"A brutally honest portrayal of teen life . . . [and] a love letter to the South from a man who really understands it." —Mashable.com"I adored all three of these characters and the way they talked to and loved one another."—New York Times
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 9-12, 2017.
- International Reading Association Children's Book Award for Young Adult Fiction, 2017.
- Thumbs Up! Award (Michigan), 2017.
- Westchester Fiction Award, 2017.
- William C. Morris YA Debut Award, 2017.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2017.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2017.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The Serpent King
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Serpent King
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/D07QFDtLdtw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/D07QFDtLdtw/">The Serpent King</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>