The work Navigating Early represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The work Navigating Early represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Navigating Early
- Statement of responsibility
- Clare Vanderpool
- trueAppalachian Trail
- trueTeenage boys
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueBoarding schools
- trueEccentrics and eccentricities
- trueEccentric boys
- Juvenile Literature
- trueBoarding school students
- trueHistorical Fiction
- true1940s -- 1940 -- 1949
- Juvenile Fiction
- trueAdventure stories
- trueMothers -- Death
- "Just the sort of book that saves lives by igniting a passion for reading." —James Patterson "Reminiscent of Huckleberry Finn." —The Wall Street Journal A Michael L. Printz Honor Winner From the author of Newbery Medal winner Moon Over Manifest comes the odyssey-like adventure of two boys' incredible quest on the Appalachian Trail. When Jack Baker's father sends him from his home in Kansas to attend a boys' boarding school in Maine, Jack doesn't know what to expect. Certainly not Early Auden, the strangest of boys. Early keeps to himself, reads the number pi as a story, and refuses to accept truths others take for granted. Jack, feeling lonely and out of place, connects with Early, and the two become friends. During a break from school, the boys set out for the Appalachian Trail on a quest for a great black bear. As Jack and Early travel deeper into the mountains, they meet peculiar and dangerous characters, and they make some shocking discoveries. But their adventure is only just beginning. Will Jack's and Early's friendship last the journey? Can the boys make it home alive? An ALA Best Fiction for Young Adults Selection An ALA-ALSC Notable Children's Book A New York Times Editor's Choice A New York Times Bestseller An Indie Pick A Bank Street College of Education Best Book of the Year A School Library Journal Best Book of the Year A Kirkus Reviews Best Book of the Year A Booklist Books for Youth Editors' Choice Selection A BookPage Best Children's Book A Texas Lone Star Reading List SelectionA Notable Children's Book in Language Arts BookA Down East Magazine Best of Maine BookA North Carolina Young Adult Book Award Master List SelectionAn Iowa Children's Choice Award Finalist
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2013
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2013.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2014.
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2014
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Navigating Early
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Navigating Early
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/Cj6EkL7xPaw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/Cj6EkL7xPaw/">Navigating Early</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>