Bud, Not Buddy
The work Bud, Not Buddy represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
Bud, Not Buddy
The work Bud, Not Buddy represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Bud, Not Buddy
- Statement of responsibility
- Christopher Paul Curtis
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueAfrican American fathers and sons
- trueDepression era (1929-1941) -- 1929 -- 1941
- trueAfrican American foster children
- trueAfrican American Fiction
- trueAfrican American fiction
- trueAfrican American boys
- trueRunaway children
- trueHistorical Fiction
- trueAfrican American mother and son
- trueMother-separated boys
- trueDepressions -- 1929-1941
- trueFlint, Michigan
- Juvenile Fiction
- trueTen-year-old boys -- Michigan
- true1930s -- 1930 -- 1939
- trueVoyages and travels
- The Newbery Medal and Coretta Scott King Award-winning classic about a boy who decides to hit the road to find his father—from Christopher Paul Curtis, author of The Watsons Go To Birmingham—1963, a Newbery and Coretta Scott King Honoree. It's 1936, in Flint Michigan. Times may be hard, and ten-year-old Bud may be a motherless boy on the run, but Bud's got a few things going for him:1. He has his own suitcase full of special things.2. He's the author of Bud Caldwell's Rules and Things for Having a Funner Life and Making a Better Liar Out of Yourself.3. His momma never told him who his father was, but she left a clue: flyers advertising Herman E. Calloway and his famous band, the Dusky Devastators of the Depression!!!!!! Bud's got an idea that those flyers will lead him to his father. Once he decides to hit the road to find this mystery man, nothing can stop him—not hunger, not fear, not vampires, not even Herman E. Calloway himself. AN ALA BEST BOOK FOR YOUNG ADULTSAN ALA NOTABLE CHILDREN'S BOOKAN IRA CHILDREN'S BOOK AWARD WINNERNAMED TO 14 STATE AWARD LISTS "The book is a gem, of value to all ages, not just the young people to whom it is aimed." —The Christian Science Monitor "Will keep readers engrossed from first page to last." —Publishers Weekly, Starred "Curtis writes with a razor-sharp intelligence that grabs the reader by the heart and never lets go. . . . This highly recommended title [is] at the top of the list of books to be read again and again." —Voice of Youth Advocates, StarredFrom the Hardcover edition
- Coretta Scott King Award, Author Category, 2000.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Teen Book Category, 2002.
- International Reading Association Children's Book Award for Older Readers, 2000.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico), Young Adult category, 2003.
- Mitten Award (Michigan), 1999.
- Nene Award (Hawaii), 2002.
- Newbery Medal, 2000.
- New York Times Notable Children's Book, 1999
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Grades 6-8, 2001.
- Prairie Pasque Children's Book Award (South Dakota), 2002.
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas) for Sixth-Eighth Grade, 2002.
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Junior, 2002.
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 2000
- School Library Journal Best Books, 1999.
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Bud, Not Buddy
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Bud, Not Buddy
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/6zzqyP2tFnA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/6zzqyP2tFnA/">Bud, Not Buddy</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>