I Am the Cheese
The work I Am the Cheese represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
I Am the Cheese
The work I Am the Cheese represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- I Am the Cheese
- Statement of responsibility
- Robert Cormier
- trueBooks to movies
- Classic Literature
- trueFederal Witness Protection Program
- trueInvestigative journalism
- trueOrganized crime
- trueSpy fiction
- trueTeenage boys
- trueThrillers and suspense
- Young Adult Fiction
- Before there was Lois Lowry's The Giver or M. T. Anderson's Feed, there was Robert Cormier's I Am the Cheese, a subversive classic that broke new ground for YA literature. A boy's search for his father becomes a desperate journey to unlock a secret past. But the past must not be remembered if the boy is to survive. As he searches for the truth that hovers at the edge of his mind, the boy—and readers—arrive at a shattering conclusion. "An absorbing, even brilliant job. The book is assembled in mosaic fashion: a tiny chip here, a chip there. . . . Everything is related to something else; everything builds and builds to a fearsome climax. . . . [Cormier] has the knack of making horror out of the ordinary, as the masters of suspense know how to do."—The New York Times Book Review "A horrifying tale of government corruption, espionage, and counter espionage told by an innocent young victim. . . . The buildup of suspense is terrific."—School Library Journal, starred review An ALA Notable Children's Book A School Library Journal Best Book of the Year A Horn Book Fanfare A Library of Congress Children's Book of the Year A Colorado Blue Spruce Young Adult Book Award Nominee
- Phoenix Award, 1997.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of I Am the Cheese
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work I Am the Cheese
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/2Q9Gvsygjmg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/2Q9Gvsygjmg/">I Am the Cheese</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>