The work Pax represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The work Pax represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS). This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Statement of responsibility
- Sara Pennypacker ; [illustrated by Jon Klassen]
- trueAdventure stories
- trueBoys and animals
- trueBoys and foxes
- trueChildren of military personnel
- trueHuman-animal relationships
- Juvenile Fiction
- Juvenile Literature
- trueMultiple perspectives
- truePreteen boys
- trueSingle-parent families
- trueStories told by animals
- trueTwelve-year-old boys
- New York Times Bestseller * An Amazon Best Book of the Year * National Book Award Longlist From bestselling and award-winning author Sara Pennypacker comes a beautifully wrought, utterly compelling novel about the powerful relationship between a boy and his fox. Pax is destined to become a classic, beloved for generations to come. Pax and Peter have been inseparable ever since Peter rescued him as a kit. But one day, the unimaginable happens: Peter's dad enlists in the military and makes him return the fox to the wild.At his grandfather's house, three hundred miles away from home, Peter knows he isn't where he should be—with Pax. He strikes out on his own despite the encroaching war, spurred by love, loyalty, and grief, to be reunited with his fox.Meanwhile Pax, steadfastly waiting for his boy, embarks on adventures and discoveries of his own. . . .Pax is a wonderful choice for independent reading, sharing in the classroom, homeschooling, and book groups.Plus, don't miss Here in the Real World, Sarah Pennypacker's next gorgeous and heartfelt middle grade novel!
- Buckeye Children's Book Award (Ohio), Grades 3-5, 2017
- California Young Reader Medal, Intermediate, 2018.
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Intermediate, 2019.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2016
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2017
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas) for Third-Fifth Grade, 2019.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Pax
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Pax
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/1-ygKzqEza8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ccrls.org/resource/1-ygKzqEza8/">Pax</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ccrls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ccrls.org/">Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS)</a></span></span></span></span></div>